Our vision is to change the way people search for property and make life easier with the use of technology. We've been pursuing this since 2006, and today we operate 4 major property search websites in Greece and Cyprus and 10 more in Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Albania and Malta, with millions of visitors each month, disruptive technology and significant added value generated daily. Still, this is just the beginning; our industry is changing fast and, being a leading international proptech business, we want to keep driving change in such a significant life decision for every person, in a significant sector of the economy.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our engineering team at our office in Elliniko.
As a Data Engineer you will empower engineers and data scientists across our teams to work with data. You will work closely with our backend engineers and systems architects to design, build and maintain scalable and efficient components for our cloud based data infrastructure and with analysts and business stakeholders to understand solution needs and requirements and ensure data availability.
A successful candidate should be a passionate and talented Data Engineer that has a proven “get-things-done” mentality, takes ownership, enjoys problem solving, values team evolution as well as personal growth, and is a relentless innovator at any given opportunity. Strong customer focus and business judgement will be very influential to success in this role.
- Design, build, test and deploy solutions to challenging technical problems in order to support all teams across Spitogatos to work with data.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Develop and improve data pipelines for reporting, analytics and product integrations.
- Build new API integrations.
- Collaborate with data analysts to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increase data accessibility and foster data-driven decision-making.
- Design systems and processes to ensure production data is accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Engineering / Computer Science graduate (Bachelor degree at a minimum, completed studies only)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced Python skills
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience (NoSQL experience is a big plus)
- Experience in ETL design
- Good understanding of data cloud infrastructure architectures and best practices
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership
- Fluency in English (all our reporting and documentation is in English). Fluency in Greek is optional
- Completed military obligation (if relevant)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Masters degree in Software Engineering
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience with data lakes and specifically related AWS services (Lake Formation, Glue, Athena)
- Interest in data analysis
- Amazing and modern working environment. All things startup and flexible as long as you bring results.
- Attractive compensation package with great potential.
- Private health insurance on our company's group program.
- Continuous Learning: access to a broad wealth of resources for professional and personal development.
- Various office perks.
- Opportunity to learn and develop in a leading tech startup which is growing very fast and currently manages the top 3 real estate verticals in Greece and multiple brands internationally: indomio.hr (Croatia), indomio.rs (Serbia), nepremicnine.net, indomio.si (Slovenia), indomio.ba (Bosnia and Herzegovina), indomio.me (Montenegro), indomio.bg (Bulgaria), indomio.com.mt (Malta), spitogatos.com.cy (Cyprus)... more to come soon.
- Opportunity to become part of a broader international team, consisting of some of the smartest people in the industry. Spitogatos was the first Greek VC-backed online business (in 2009 from Oxygen Capital), and since 2014 has become part of a big international player, Real Web SA, with presence in numerous countries in Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, among others), in several industries / business models.