Junior Quality Assurance Engineer
Our vision is to change the way people search for property and make life easier with the use of technology. We've been pursuing this since 2006, and today we have 4 major portals in Greece and Cyprus and 8 more in Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Albania and Malta, with millions of visitors each month, disruptive technology and significant added value generated daily. Still, this is just the beginning; our industry is changing fast and, being a leading international service provider, we want to keep driving change in such a significant life decision for every person, in a significant sector of the economy.
As a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams. You will come to design, implement and execute exploratory and regression tests to ensure the delivery of high quality, secure and usable products to our customers. The responsibilities of the role include designing, implementing and running automated and manual tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, defining test strategies and promoting product excellence into engineering practice. You will also review system requirements as well as define and track quality assurance metrics and coverage.
The Junior Quality Assurance Engineer role plays an important part in our product development process. If you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to keep our customers delighted and safe, we’d love to meet you.
- Design, implement and run automation scripts using open source tools (Mocha, Jenkins)
- Create and maintain detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform exploratory testing to pinpoint bugs before the product is in the hands of our customers
- Work real-time with internal teams (e.g. Engineering and Product) on test design and implementation
- Champion new internal processes to expand test coverage
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and automated test coverage
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Completed military obligation (if relevant)
Nice to have
- Up to 2 years work experience in software Quality Assurance
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience in performance testing is a plus
- Amazing and modern working environment. All things startup and flexible as long as you bring results.
- Attractive compensation package with great potential.
- Private health insurance on our company's group program.
- Continuous Learning: access to a broad wealth of resources for professional and personal development.
- Various office perks.
- Opportunity to learn and develop in a leading tech startup which is growing very fast and currently manages the top 3 real estate verticals in Greece and multiple brands internationally: indomio.hr (Croatia), indomio.rs (Serbia), indomio.si (Slovenia), indomio.ba (Bosnia and Herzegovina), indomio.me (Montenegro), indomio.bg (Bulgaria), indomio.com.mt (Malta), spitogatos.com.cy (Cyprus)... more to come soon.
- Opportunity to become part of a broader international team, consisting of some of the smartest people in the industry. Spitogatos was the first Greek VC-backed online business (in 2009 from Oxygen Capital), and since 2014 has become part of a big international player, Real Web SA, with presence in numerous countries in Europe (Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, among others), in several industries / business models.